Monday, April 13, 2009

My hardest times during the day....

The reason I put times instead of time is because I have already realized I have two very diffifult times during the day. The first one is my "mentally" hard time. That is around dinnertime. I am so used to eating my meat, potato, and veggie that it has been hard to break the routine. I see Greg and Jake eating dinner and it just makes me long to chew something.

Even though my body feels full, mentally Im like a two year old screaming about why I can't have a cookie when everyone else gets one. I sit there drinking my broth or protein shake and just simmer. No, its not anybody's fault but my own. I got myself into this situation so I shouldn't penalize anyone, right? The hell I can't! Their all eating nothing but veggies from now on! I have made the decree!! They shall not eat cakes or cookies or anything relatively desirable to me at the moment.

The second hardest time for me is once I have gone to bed This is my "physically" hard time of the day. I am 5 days post-op now and can FINALLY lay on my left side, even if it is only for a short time. I am still having issues with gas once I lay down so that's making things difficult for me. I have also noticed that I am having issues with pain, soreness, and/or numbness in my arms quite a bit more than I did pre-op. Each night since coming home from the hospital I have woken up several times after falling asleep to find myself staring at the clock and willing it to be morning so I could get up and go again. I have tried sleeping in a recliner but that is just too uncomfy for me. I like to sleep curled up on my side. It has become a comforting habit for me. I have tried laying flat and then tried propping myself up with pillows. I have tried sleeping as I did before the surgery but to no avail, I haven't been able to find my sweet spot yet as far as sleeping is concerned.

Its too bad really, I did happen to really enjoy sleeping before all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment